Seafood Stuffed Avocados
Avocados and I have a love/hate relationship. That is: I love them and they hate me. Guacamole or sliced avocado on a sandwhich is one of my favorite treats...and also the best way for me to get heartburn. So I set our for a way to lighten up the avocado and stretch it a little further (make it into a meal). The result was these PCOS safe stuffed avocados! Even if you don't love seafood, give these a chance. They've been a hit with everyone I've made them for.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crabmeat, picked over
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, cayenne and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in crab. Adjust seasoning with cayenne and salt.
- Divide the crab salad among avocado halves. Serve with lemon wedges.