Asian Peanut Coleslaw
Need a salad to bring to your next party? This Asian Peanut Salad will definitely knock it out of the park! Not only does it look and taste spectacular, it is gluten free and totally for those of us lucky enough to have PCOS! this is pretty much the Asian version of coleslaw with the addition of peanuts, peanut butter, and edamame...but it tastes like so much more! It is fresh, sweet, and slightly spicy all at once! So let's get mixing!
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- 4 cups chopped Napa cabbage or shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- optional: 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro in a blender and process until completely smooth. Add the cilantro and blend for a few seconds until the cilantro is finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. If serving right away, drizzle the peanut dressing over top and toss; otherwise, serve the dressing on the side so the salad doesn't get soggy.