Chicken, Carrot, & Coconut Curry Soup
If you're looking for a soup which is warm and creamy and spiced without being too spicy, you just found it! This is one of my favorite ways of using leftover chicken but the meat version is amazing as well! With the amount of carrots it has, it's also a fabulous source of vitamin a - you get more than 150% of your recommended daily value in just one bowl!
- 4 large carrots, rough chopped*
- 1/2 large sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 quart chicken stock*
- 1 cup culinary coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken*
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves*
- Add carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, curry paste and chicken stock to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer approximately 30 minutes.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender or by carefully transferring the soup to a glass blender jar and blending until creamy and all chunks are gone (do not do this in a plastic blender as both heat and fat cause plastics to leach toxic chemicals). Return soup to pot if you removed it for blending.
- Stir in coconut milk, chicken and spinach. Heat over medium low heat until chicken chunks are heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Consume with classy gusto.